pesticides are defined as any substance or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying, or controlling any pest, including vectors of human or animal disease, unwanted species of plants or animals, causing harm during or otherwise interfering with the production, processing, storage, transport, or marketing of food, agricultural and cosmetics commodities.
Pesticides are a group of chemicals that include:
- Insecticides (insect control)
- Herbicides (weed control)
- Fungicides (control of disease caused by fungi) Rodenticides (rodent control)
- Fumigants (substances used in gaseous form to control insects)
- Other pesticides (e.g. microbials or chemicals to control algae, slugs and insect eggs).
People are exposed to pesticides by:
- absorption through the skin
- swallowing, pesticide exposure cause several types of cancers like lymphoma, multiple myeloma, prostate, and kidney and lung cancerand other health risks including , neuro-developmental and neurodegenerative, urinary tract and genital disease, central nervous system defects, heart defects, eye anomalies, decreased fertility, altered growth including low birth weight and prematurity, and fetal death; learning disabilities and asthma as well as death caused by acute poisoning.
ITC Labs Capabilities
Completely automatic advanced instruments GC-MS/MS, GC-ECD, LC-MS/MS and Dedicated trained and Experienced staff involved in testing of pesticides at ppb amd ppm level in all range of Food products . In ITC Labs Quality goes beyond excellence and correct results, process optimization now allows to fast TAT. For improvement in process periodic planning chart to take participation in PT programms organized by NABL approved PT provider agencies.
ITC Labs offers for Pesticide Testing
- Performance of pesticide residue analyses
- Recommendation of analysis scopes
- Performance of GLP studies
- Helpdesk regulatory framework as per National/ International regulations (regulations and maximum residue limits)
- Consultancy in product safety
- Pesticide analysis for GMP studies as per USP/EP/ IP Guidelines.
- Design and technical implementation of test scopes in relation customer or product specification
- Method development and validation under GMP/GLP guidelines for customers and in accordance with SANTE-11813-2017/ ICH guidelines